In Greenville, South Carolina, the Dickson Davis Law Firm is a solo practice firm practicing in general civil litigation, personal injury, probate and estate planning, business law, and landlord-tenant law. The Dickson Davis Law Firm is looking for the right fit for a positive, fun work environment coupled with hard work and goals to grow while providing excellent customer service.
- College degree, or comparable experience in the legal field
- Paralegal Certification
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience, preferably in a Plaintiff’s firm with general civil litigation
- Sales or customer service experience
- Candidates must own a car and provide reliable transportation
- Proficient typing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook
- Proficient in Adobe
- Proficient use of case management software
- Proficient use of web browsers
- Proficient with cloud-based file hosting software, preferably Dropbox
- Proficient with using copiers and scanners
- Proficiency in LexisNexis, or similar legal research software
- Proficient with Federal and State e-filing processes
- Manage incoming and outgoing calls from or to clients, prospective clients, or third parties
- Handle preliminary intake for prospective clients, including screening and conducting initial phone interviews for eligible prospective clients suited to firm services
- Recording all prospective clients in lead tracking system and case management database
- Scheduling consultations with eligible prospective clients
- Maintain web-based case management database and tasks, including online document management for both prospective clients and clients
- Provide weekly case management reports, including deadlines
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Superior case management skills and deadline oriented, including communicating and coordinating with clients, scheduling client meetings, assisting with pleadings and discovery, assisting with trial preparation, and performing other litigation-related tasks
- File court documents as needed
- Superior and consistent attention to detail, including accurate data entry
- Demonstrates a history of excellent customer service with clients
- Flawless follow-through on task management with ability to multi-task
- Exhibits adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities and tasks
- Excellent professional demeanor and presentation to others
- Ability to work well independently and follow instructions
- Show resourcefulness and initiative
- Provide administrative support as needed
The Dickson Davis Law Firm is looking for someone who takes pride and ownership in this position. The right fit for this position is someone who has a strong sense of accountability and follow-through and is driven to excel. This position requires someone who is the friendly voice on the phone and in person that clients and prospective clients alike appreciate and enjoy—and professionally handles and diffuses difficult clients and prospective clients alike as the occasion arises.
The ideal candidate will have a great sense of humor, talk with a smile, and have a great attitude. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be consistent, accurate, and methodical carrying out the position’s responsibilities while being flexible to shift gears when needed.
Hours are from 9:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. Mondays through Fridays. Candidates should be prepared to work up to 30-40 hours per week under certain circumstances as needed.
Compensation will be competitive based upon experience.
All candidates will be subject to a background check, including checking on employment references.
Please send a cover letter, resume, references, and compensation expectations to email@example.com with the subject line stating: Application for Dickson Davis Law Firm Paralegal Position. No calls please.