DC Group/Transport Division
Our dispatchers are an integral part of daily operations. Dispatchers assure all routes are filled as assigned and provided with timely instructions and responses to. This position also responds to customer and team inquiries. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, DC Transport is looking for you! The successful candidate must be capable of efficiently communicating freight instructions to company drivers and partner carriers, while monitoring safety, customer, company and policies, regulations and concerns. We offer:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Health benefits
- 401 K
- Profit sharing
- Assigns drivers and outside carriers to convey freight as requested by customers, in compliance with DOT regulations and company guidelines.
- Utilizes load boards, call lists and other options to solicit work for available drivers.
- Carrier sourcing and development is a primary function of this position.
- Communicates and confirms assigned dispatch for all assigned drivers.
- Communicates with customers on orders and schedules drivers based upon customer needs and driver availability.
- Makes adjustments with dispatch based upon changing customer needs and driver availability.
- Communicates customer, DOT compliance, violations and safety concerns to drivers as necessary. Manages issues and handles required discipline until escalated to management team.
- Solicits and secures outside carrier support when work volume exceeds Company capacity.
- Ensures the accuracy of orders, updates and maintains data in our transportation system.
- Works with drivers to ensure they are being efficient and productive.
- Works with maintenance team and other Dispatchers to track and ensure Owner/Operators are having quarterly tractor inspections and Company fleet is in compliance with vehicle and equipment preventative maintenance programs.
- Optimizes revenue potential for each driver while minimizing empty miles.
- Answers after-hours emergency dispatch line (on-call phone).
- Prepare and publish daily and weekly reports for transportation KPIs as directed.
- Communicates customer issues and works with appropriate staff to resolve in a timely manner.
Apply Online Below
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Two 2 years of dispatch experience in the transportation industry or related field
- Ability to dispatch a minimum of 8-10 Driver, sourcing for loads in a manner that generates targeted revenue
- Requires knowledge DOT rules and regulations
- High level of organization and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a stressful environment
- Excellent computer skills (good knowledge of Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Electronic Driver Software)
- Must have high level of discretion and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize workload
- Capable of working some overtime as required by workload
- Requires good geographical sense
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; Must be approachable by both customers and associates at all levels within the organization