Principle Responsibilities & Position Purpose:
To maximize guest satisfaction by providing neat and clean guests rooms in accordance with standards of the hotel. Responsible for the usage and organization of supplies. Understands and implements the Pledge (Mission), Values and culture at all time.
- 1+ years of experience in a branded, quality hotel preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent of same.
- Must display professionalism and have characteristics of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Must have excellent attendance and punctuality.
Work Environment & Context:
- Must be able to perform major life activities: standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, and reach.
- Long hours sometimes required. Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on Holidays, weekends, and evenings.
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proper procedures for handling of linens, terry and other supplies.
- Sanitation of supplies, guestrooms, public areas.
- Guestroom cleaning procedures.
- Safety and security measures. Report or correct any hazardous conditions observed immediately.
- Maintain designated minutes per room.
- Maintain guest privacy.
- Follow cleaning procedures in the company systematic fashion.
- Assist with guest issues, being professional and maintaining a hospitable caring attitude.
- Multi task, detail oriented, remain service centric.
- Must be able to work alone.
- Comply to all standards.
- Communicate with guests and co-workers in a friendly and helpful professional manner.
- Work as a team member.
- Daily clean and return vacant dirty rooms to a vacant ready status and return occupied dirty rooms to an occupied clean status.
- Maintain a clean and orderly housekeeping cart.
- Report any discrepancies to the Housekeeping Department Supervisor.
- Turns in articles left in rooms to Housekeeping office for "Lost and Found" handling.
- Insures quality and quantity of the contents of the linen closet by organizing and cleaning it.
- Maximizes job efficiency and neat, orderly appearance by maintaining supply cart and vacuum cleaner.
- Insures safety and maximum security.
- Assist in maintaining other areas of the hotel in a clean and orderly condition, (ex. associate lounge and locker room, public areas, stairwells, and back of the house area).
- Respond to guest requests and inquiries immediately.
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Other duties as assigned, of which the associate is capable of performing.
Positions for Possible Future Advancement:
The next step for this position is in a training capacity. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion. Once that is achieved, the individual may qualify to be promoted to a Housekeeping Supervisor/Executive Housekeeper.